La Croix-Valmer is a small town located in the hills above the coast, just to the west of Saint Tropez. It is located to the side of the Maures mountains between Cavalaire-sur-Mer and Ramatuelle. Known for its vineyards the village has also remarkable natural heritage, a great asset for tourism.
The town has some lovely Belle Epoque villas and plenty of pavement cafes. While there's not a tremendous amount to see when it comes to history and heritage the old town is dominated by an imposing 14 century clock tower, the remains of a castle.
This is a lovely place to be based so you can enjoy swimming, walking and the crystal clear seas and pine-edged coves. There are free shuttle buses to take you from the town to & from the beaches, as it is a fairly steep walk otherwise. The area has 220 hectares of protected natural heritage and offers beautiful walks in the woods and along the coast. Despite the tourist influx in the summer months, La Croix-Valmer still has a traditional feel.
With seven natural sandy beaches and six km of coastline, this village is known for the quality of its bathing waters. Gigaro beach has the most success.
More Saint-Tropez Insights...
- Top 10 celebrities to spot in Saint-Tropez this summer
- Celebs return to their much-loved Saint-Tropez
- Travellers welcome to Saint-Tropez from June 15th 2020
- Blue Flag beaches in Saint Tropez in 2020
- Flights to Nice Cote d'Azur restart in June 2020
- Which Saint-Tropez restaurants have a Michelin star in 2020?