La Chapelle de la Miséricorde, referred as the Black Penitent Brotherhood Chapel was built in the 17th century and is located Rue Gambetta, in the former quarter of the seamen's families.
Construction of the chapel started in 1635, finishing only a year later. The Black Penitent Brotherhood's mission was to visit and help the sick and transport the dead.
Exceptional items featuring there include the serpentine stone door, from a quarry between La Croix-Valmer and Cavalaire-sur-Mer, and the bell tower with its tile glazed dome
This monument belongs to the village. Open every day from 10:00 to 18:00.
- 26 rue Gambetta
- Kylie's glamorous Saint-Tropez birthday
- Kate Moss & Elton John's Saint-Tropez holidays
- What's on in Saint Tropez August 2019
- Celebrities descend on sun-soaked Saint-Tropez
- What's On in Saint Tropez July 2019
- Ronaldo sails the Saint-Tropez waters