La Chapelle de la Miséricorde, referred as the Black Penitent Brotherhood Chapel was built in the 17th century and is located Rue Gambetta, in the former quarter of the seamen's families.
Construction of the chapel started in 1635, finishing only a year later. The Black Penitent Brotherhood's mission was to visit and help the sick and transport the dead.
Exceptional items featuring there include the serpentine stone door, from a quarry between La Croix-Valmer and Cavalaire-sur-Mer, and the bell tower with its tile glazed dome
This monument belongs to the village. Open every day from 10:00 to 18:00.
- 26 rue Gambetta
More Saint-Tropez Insights...
- Eat for free at gourmet restaurants in Saint-Tropez
- Magic Johnson's exclusive Saint-Tropez birthday
- What's on in Saint Tropez September 2019
- Beckhams see summer off in South of France
- Harry & Meghan holiday in the South of France
- Kylie's glamorous Saint-Tropez birthday