La Chapelle de la Miséricorde, referred as the Black Penitent Brotherhood Chapel was built in the 17th century and is located Rue Gambetta, in the former quarter of the seamen's families.
Construction of the chapel started in 1635, finishing only a year later. The Black Penitent Brotherhood's mission was to visit and help the sick and transport the dead.
Exceptional items featuring there include the serpentine stone door, from a quarry between La Croix-Valmer and Cavalaire-sur-Mer, and the bell tower with its tile glazed dome
This monument belongs to the village. Open every day from 10:00 to 18:00.
- 26 rue Gambetta
More Saint-Tropez Insights...
- Celebs return to their much-loved Saint-Tropez
- Travellers welcome to Saint-Tropez from June 15th 2020
- Blue Flag beaches in Saint Tropez in 2020
- Flights to Nice Cote d'Azur restart in June 2020
- Which Saint-Tropez restaurants have a Michelin star in 2020?
- Happy New Year from Saint-Tropez!