With three races on offer, any keen cyclist should find the right race to start their 2019 season on the roads of Var region.
At a length of 162km and an altitude gain of 2600m, this race is not for the faint-hearted. Starting in Saint Tropez participants will pass through the Massif des Maures and take on the Col de Collebasse, Col de Barral, Col de Babaou and passing through Collobrieres. The high point of race is then the Notre Dame des Anges at 688m, followed by the Col de Taillude, passing through Grimaud, the col de Vignon and finally the Col de Reverdi before finishing in Gassin.
Only slightly shorter at 132km and with 200m less altitude gain, the Mediofondo misses out some of the cols en route but still tackles the Notre Dame des Anges at 688m, before finishing in Gassin.
For those looking for a more leisurely challenge, starting from Saint Tropez, the Rando course offers a relaxing excursion in the Massif des Maures. Participants climb Col de Collebasse (131 m) and follow along the seaside road to the Col de Canadel (269 m), before arrival in the centre of the village of Gassin.
To sign up for this road cycling race see the official website.
More Saint-Tropez Insights...
- Top 10 celebrities to spot in Saint-Tropez this summer
- Celebs return to their much-loved Saint-Tropez
- Travellers welcome to Saint-Tropez from June 15th 2020
- Blue Flag beaches in Saint Tropez in 2020
- Flights to Nice Cote d'Azur restart in June 2020
- Which Saint-Tropez restaurants have a Michelin star in 2020?