A famous classic regatta that ends the Mediterranean sailing season. St Tropez’s key late-summer regatta brings in 300 yachts, both ancient and modern, for an autumn week of maritime effervescence.
This regatta is a magnificent sight, with yachts up to 100 years old tacking and jibing across the bay in the first winds of autumn. It’s an action-packed race as yachts bear down on each other with only metres to spare, sails snapping and billowing and crew racing about on deck. The regatta has had terrible accidents in its past but lives on as one of the sailing world’s favourite events. In the evenings, the yachts return to the colourful fishing port of Saint Tropez and the sailors and yacht owners paint the town red. One of the truly great events of the Riviera.
There can be up to 300 yachts in the water competing making this an exhilarating event to watch or compete in. A host of racers and sailing enthusiasts come from all the corners of the globe to do battle in the bay of Saint-Tropez. The Rolex trophy is awarded to the winner of the Classic Division over 16 metres.
Dates for this event
- Société Nautique de Saint Tropez, Nouveau Port
More Saint-Tropez Insights...
- Happy New Year from Saint-Tropez!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeSaintTropez.com
- Eat for free at gourmet restaurants in Saint-Tropez
- Magic Johnson's exclusive Saint-Tropez birthday
- What's on in Saint Tropez September 2019
- Beckhams see summer off in South of France