A famous classic regatta that ends the Mediterranean sailing season. St Tropez’s key late-summer regatta brings in 300 yachts, both ancient and modern, for an autumn week of maritime effervescence.
This regatta is a magnificent sight, with yachts up to 100 years old tacking and jibing across the bay in the first winds of autumn. It’s an action-packed race as yachts bear down on each other with only metres to spare, sails snapping and billowing and crew racing about on deck. The regatta has had terrible accidents in its past but lives on as one of the sailing world’s favourite events. In the evenings, the yachts return to the colourful fishing port of Saint Tropez and the sailors and yacht owners paint the town red. One of the truly great events of the Riviera.
There can be up to 300 yachts in the water competing making this an exhilarating event to watch or compete in. A host of racers and sailing enthusiasts come from all the corners of the globe to do battle in the bay of Saint-Tropez. The Rolex trophy is awarded to the winner of the Classic Division over 16 metres.
- Société Nautique de Saint Tropez, Nouveau Port
More Saint-Tropez Insights...
- Top 10 celebrities to spot in Saint-Tropez this summer
- Celebs return to their much-loved Saint-Tropez
- Travellers welcome to Saint-Tropez from June 15th 2020
- Blue Flag beaches in Saint Tropez in 2020
- Flights to Nice Cote d'Azur restart in June 2020
- Which Saint-Tropez restaurants have a Michelin star in 2020?