Les Bravades is a very long-standing traditional festival which happens annually in May to celebrate the Patron Saint of Saint Tropez.
It also celebrates the formation of the army created in the mid 16th century. Expect traditional music, dancing, food and drinking plus stalls and parades in the street. Saint Tropez is dressed in white and red, the colours of the Pirate City, to applaud its military parades. They remind everyone that the inhabitants of the city were always ready to take up the arms to defend themselves against Barbarians and those who threatened the peace and prosperity of their city. Every year, fifes and drums precede the sailors and other Musketeers in a peaceful parade.
Proud locals dress up in empire uniforms, fire off muskets and march with the band. The ‘real’ Saint Tropez behind the glitz, this is the most culturally important festival in Saint Tropez and is a huge local favourite.
- Rue du Commandant Guichard
More Saint-Tropez Insights...
- Flights to Nice Cote d'Azur restart in June 2020
- Which Saint-Tropez restaurants have a Michelin star in 2020?
- Happy New Year from Saint-Tropez!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeSaintTropez.com
- Eat for free at gourmet restaurants in Saint-Tropez
- Magic Johnson's exclusive Saint-Tropez birthday