As part of "Operation Dragoon" to liberate southern France, Allied forces arrived at the coast of Provence on August 15th 1944. This day is celebrated all around the region with parades, live music and popular dances and aperitifs.
Every town has its own festivities which usually end with a fireworks display.
More Saint-Tropez Insights...
- Eat for free at gourmet restaurants in Saint-Tropez
- Magic Johnson's exclusive Saint-Tropez birthday
- What's on in Saint Tropez September 2019
- Beckhams see summer off in South of France
- Harry & Meghan holiday in the South of France
- Kylie's glamorous Saint-Tropez birthday