As part of "Operation Dragoon" to liberate southern France, Allied forces arrived at the coast of Provence on August 15th 1944. This day is celebrated all around the region with parades, live music and popular dances and aperitifs.
Every town has its own festivities which usually end with a fireworks display.
Dates for this event
More Saint-Tropez Insights...
- Top 10 celebrities to spot in Saint-Tropez this summer
- Celebs return to their much-loved Saint-Tropez
- Travellers welcome to Saint-Tropez from June 15th 2020
- Blue Flag beaches in Saint Tropez in 2020
- Flights to Nice Cote d'Azur restart in June 2020
- Which Saint-Tropez restaurants have a Michelin star in 2020?