This Italian baroque-style church topped by a bell tower was built in 1784. It is one of the most recognisable sights in Saint-Tropez, with its bright ochre and earthy sienna coloured bell tower.
This building replaced an older 16th-century church which became unstable when the current chapel was erected. There had been an earlier 11th-century religious construction on this same site, destroyed during Queen Jeanne's succession wars.
Inside, you can admire statues and wood carvings dating back to the early 19th century, along with the bust of Saint Tropez, which is paraded through the streets every year during the famous 'Bravades' celebration.
- Rue Gambetta
More Saint-Tropez Insights...
- Which Saint-Tropez restaurants have a Michelin star in 2020?
- Happy New Year from Saint-Tropez!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeSaintTropez.com
- Eat for free at gourmet restaurants in Saint-Tropez
- Magic Johnson's exclusive Saint-Tropez birthday
- What's on in Saint Tropez September 2019