This Italian baroque-style church topped by a bell tower was built in 1784. It is one of the most recognisable sights in Saint-Tropez, with its bright ochre and earthy sienna coloured bell tower.
This building replaced an older 16th-century church which became unstable when the current chapel was erected. There had been an earlier 11th-century religious construction on this same site, destroyed during Queen Jeanne's succession wars.
Inside, you can admire statues and wood carvings dating back to the early 19th century, along with the bust of Saint Tropez, which is paraded through the streets every year during the famous 'Bravades' celebration.
- Rue Gambetta
More Saint-Tropez Insights...
- Eat for free at gourmet restaurants in Saint-Tropez
- Magic Johnson's exclusive Saint-Tropez birthday
- What's on in Saint Tropez September 2019
- Beckhams see summer off in South of France
- Harry & Meghan holiday in the South of France
- Kylie's glamorous Saint-Tropez birthday