Next Friday, June 21st, St Tropez will host the musical event of the year in France, the Fete de la Musique. This country-wide celebration, promoted by the government since 1982, honours the summer solstice by turning the whole nation into a huge open-air music venue.
This year, the Fete de la Musique celebrates its 38th edition. The town of Saint-Tropez will host dozens of live music concerts while most of its squares and open-air spaces turn into music venues for a day.
The main hot spot in 2019, just like last year, will be the Port of Saint-Tropez where the "Do You Saint Tropez" festival will take place. Headlined by Ayo, Joseph Chedid, Yanis, Léone Paz, Factice and Bast Cotton, entry is free. The neighbouring villages of Ramatuelle, Grimaud and Cavalaire-sur-Mer will also host special concerts in the town centre.
These are only the official events but the Fete de la Musique will be a town-wide celebration of music. Wander around Saint Tropez and you'll find that most of the bars, restaurants and clubs in town have organised their own little live music events.
More Saint-Tropez Insights...
- Top 10 celebrities to spot in Saint-Tropez this summer
- Celebs return to their much-loved Saint-Tropez
- Travellers welcome to Saint-Tropez from June 15th 2020
- Blue Flag beaches in Saint Tropez in 2020
- Flights to Nice Cote d'Azur restart in June 2020
- Which Saint-Tropez restaurants have a Michelin star in 2020?