As well as discovering the many cinematic influences in the region you are invited to explore the incredible history of the 'Gendarmes de Saint Tropez'
Saint Tropez was brought to the attention of the cinema world in the 1960's with a series of French cult films about the comic lives of the gendrames (police) based in the pretty port town of Saint Tropez.
The building that housed the real gendarmerie from 1789-2003 became legendary in the films of director Jean Girault. Brigitte Bardot, who is known as the face of Saint Tropez, is also represented in the museum as it was here that Roger Vadim realised the film “…And God Created Woman.”, creating with it the myth of Saint-Tropez.
The museum offers an introduction to the history of cinema in Saint-Tropez and reveals the many films shot in the Var peninsula, along with the various trades related to the cinema.
- Parking on street
- Public car-park (outdoor)
- Tours / Excursions
- 2 Place Blanqui
More Saint-Tropez Insights...
- Top 10 celebrities to spot in Saint-Tropez this summer
- Celebs return to their much-loved Saint-Tropez
- Travellers welcome to Saint-Tropez from June 15th 2020
- Blue Flag beaches in Saint Tropez in 2020
- Flights to Nice Cote d'Azur restart in June 2020
- Which Saint-Tropez restaurants have a Michelin star in 2020?