A month long celebration of the art of circus performance and creative expression, being hosted in Marseille and in various other cities and towns across the south east of France.
From January 21 to February 19, 2017 - one month dedicated to circus arts.
- 60 shows national and international companies
- 260 representations
- 300 national and international artists
- One third of world premiere performances
- 45 cultural groups in the area
- 22 co circus Pole Mediterranean half of foreign countries
- 100,000 spectators expected
International Biennial of Circus Arts is the first event initiated during 2013 Marseille European Capital of Culture, to be sustained. The heart of the Biennial will Village Marquees on the Esplanade near the J4 MuCEM, main partner of the event.
For this year 2017, the circus unfolds to wonder and surprise. The strange magic and the avant-garde burlesque come together and offer a panorama of unique creations, reflecting the diversity of aesthetic and current writings of circus arts.
Location: Provence Region | Nice | Marseille | Antibes | Sainte Maxime | Aix-en-Provence | Saint Remy de Provence | Arles | Draguignan
Event: Cabaret & Show | Festival / Fiesta | Public Event